WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT MUSIC EDUCATION.
Topology works in close collaboration with teachers to develop and deliver:
- composition workshops
- performance skills workshops
- improvisation workshops
- concerts featuring student compositions
- professional development for teachers
We are able to specially tailor these workshops to the unique collection of abilities, strengths and genres within your classroom.
WHAT TEACHERS SAY ABOUT TOP UP:
They help children to believe in themselves. They have this special ability to help them realise that ‘I can do this’.
Topology give children the chance to create music that under normal circumstances they most likely would only have dreamt about. They take dreams and turn it into inspiration and reality.
Their music education program gives people a voice that can be heard regardless of circumstances.
Topology provides workshops for primary and secondary schools as well as universities. We are able to work with classroom music teachers and lecturers to:
- teach compositional techniques and approaches,
- guide individual and collaborative student compositions,
- develop student concerts,
- perform with students,
- facilitate masterclasses,
- teach performance skills including overcoming anxiety,
- teach improvisation in performance and as a compositional device,
- work with your ensembles,
- gain perspectives on composing and performing Australian music in international arenas,
- learn about the music business
- integrate with topics in your music program.
The workshops can cater for any musical styles including classical, pop, jazz, electronic, indie etc. and cross-artform including film, digital media, dance, theatre and comedy.
Topology’s artists can visit individually or as a whole group, from a one off one-hour session to half or whole days, or a workshops series over a few weeks or longer.
For more information on how your school can benefit from Top Up, contact us or fill out a booking inquiry HERE.