Applications for Launchpad 2019 will open shortly.
WHAT IS LAUNCHPAD?
Through the remarkable support of Tim Fairfax Family Foundation, we are proud to announce a new opportunity for emerging composers and songwriters in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Launchpad is a composer scholarship program which mentors emerging composers who are within the first five years of their professional careers. The scholarship offers one-on-one mentoring and professional development delivered by Topology’s artists and company staff with the goal of nurturing creative potential and serving as a springboard from which mentorees can launch their careers as musicians, composers or songwriters. Launchpad welcomes all worthy participants with no barrier of age, genre or style. Four candidates per year will be selected and mentored by Topology. The resulting works composed by mentorees will be premiered in a performance with Topology in Brisbane.
WHAT’S IN THE PROGRAM?
Mentorees will work closely with Topology through initial brainstorming sessions, creative development and rehearsals over a 12-month period. Each mentoree will be assigned to one of Topology’s composers who will work with them one-on-one to hone their compositions. Mentorees from outside of Brisbane will be provided travel and accommodation for 2 intensive creative development sessions in Brisbane. Further mentorship will be conducted via Skype and email.
The program will culminate in an intensive production week in Brisbane where participants’ compositions will be “launched” in a public performance with Topology. Participants will also gain valuable experience on and off stage as they become integral team members in mounting and promoting the performance.
Composers, musicians and songwriters who:
- are 15 years old and above
- are residents of Queensland or the Northern Territory, Australia
- can demonstrate some experience in composition and/or songwriting through scores, recordings and lyrics
- exhibit potential for artistic excellence
- possess a strong desire to launch a career in music within the next 5 years
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill in the application form below.
- Provide samples of your original work (links to YouTube, SoundCloud, Vimeo).
- Submit the following supporting documents*:
- If you don’t have recordings or videos, you may submit scores and/or lyrics (Microsoft Word or PDF).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who can provide relevant comments in support of your application. They can be from fellow artists, teachers, parents or music industry professionals.
*All supporting documents must be properly labelled with your name and emailed to: email@example.com.