WHAT IS LAUNCHPAD?
Through the remarkable support of Tim Fairfax Family Foundation, we are proud to offer mentorship to emerging composers in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Launchpad is a composer scholarship program which mentors emerging composers who are within the first five years of their professional careers. The scholarship offers one-on-one mentorship and professional development delivered by Topology’s award-winning composers and pool of expert artists with the goal of nurturing creative potential and serving as a springboard from which mentorees can launch their careers as musicians, composers or songwriters. Launchpad welcomes all worthy participants with no barrier of age, genre or style. Four candidates per year are selected and mentored by Topology. Where appropriate, the resulting works composed by mentees are premiered in a performance with Topology.
Composers, musicians and songwriters who:
- are 15 years old and above
- are residents of Queensland or the Northern Territory, Australia
- can demonstrate some experience in composition and/or songwriting through scores, recordings and lyrics
- exhibit potential for artistic excellence
- possess a strong desire to launch a career in music within the next 5 years
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill in the application form below.
- Provide samples of your original work (links to YouTube, SoundCloud, Vimeo).
- Submit the following supporting documents*:
- If you don’t have recordings or videos, you may submit scores and/or lyrics (Microsoft Word or PDF).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who can provide relevant comments in support of your application. They can be from fellow artists, teachers, parents or music industry professionals.
*All supporting documents must be properly labelled with your name and emailed to: email@example.com.